Some initial shots from GODS of ROCK. See lots more photos of the crowd & bands on Facebook.
Photos captured by Jason @ WE DO Photography & Design.
GODS of ROCK is all about having a feel-good, no fuss, classic rock/metal night out in Wellington … but it’s also non-profit, so you should know that you helped raise a huge $2,600! That’s a cool $1300 each for the Cancer Society of New Zealand and the Red Cross Earthquake Appeal. You done good! Party on. \m/
GODS of ROCK is going to explode with the sounds of Axle & Slash as locals G’N’F’N’R are going to be joining us to unleash their Guns N’ Roses Tribute act. Along with the Angry DJs, AC/DC Tribute, Metallica Tribute and Awards, this is totally going to rule! Make sure you dress up to rock out.
The legendary Sabbra Cadabra have supported GODS of ROCK since the start, so we’re totally gutted they’ve had to pull out due to bad health (broken bones – although we should make up a sex, drugs & rockn’roll story, TV out the 10th floor window, choking on someone else’s vomit. Something like that). Give them a shoutout on their Facebook page. Pending recovery, we’ll definitely be talking to them in the lead up to the next DressUp & RockOut event (Rocktober 2011).
Pay your respects to the Gods of Rock at Wellington’s Rock Tribute Party.
In the spirit of Wayne’s World, Bill & Ted, Tenacious D and Spinal Tap, get dressed up and rock out with 3 Godlike Tribute Bands, 3 Angry DJs and 3 Rock Awesomeness Awards. Dresscode: Rock / Rock costume / Rockstar
7.30pm, 1st April 2011 @ The Garden Club, 13 Dixon St., Wellington.
Tickets $10 adv. / $15 on the door.
– Adv. tickets on sale 1 Feb from Real Groovy Cuba St / www.DashTickets.co.nz
– All ticket profits go to the Cancer Society, Wellington Division.
GUNS N’ ROSES – Tribute by G’N’F’N’R
Details coming soon. [Edit: Sabbra Cadabra have to pass, due to broken bones].
METALLICA – Tribute by Hitting Southpaw
myspace.com/hittingsouthpaw / facebook.com/pages/Hitting-Southpaw/111012982268757
Angry DJs – DJ’s Sister Slash, B-Syde & Get Fuct
Our Rock DJs will sort us out right from the start, then slotting between bands and getting us headbanging into the night. Blasting out ACDC, Guns n Roses, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Motörhead, Aerosmith, The Cult, Deep Purple, Kiss, Judas Priest, David Bowie, and much more.
Rock Awesomeness Awards – for KickAss Costume, Dance Demon and AirGuitar Legend.
Please note this is a 18+ night. Proof of age will be required.
All ticket profits go to the Cancer Society, Wellington Division.
Not far off of 2011 now and plans are well underway for our next big Rock party.
Keeping the DressUp & RockOut party vibe, we’ve got two superb Rock Tribute bands lined up, Rock DJs, Rock Awards, and some extra Rock magic to throw into the mix too… so make sure there is some space in your diary around Friday 25th March or Friday 1st of April.
This’ll be a Rocktober type event, but it ain’t in October, so it needs a name of its own…
Let us know your suggestions!
Thought you’d like to know that while the main point of Rocktober is to have a feel-good, dress-up & classic rock-out night in Wellington… you also participated in raising an impressive $1,300 for the Wellington Division of the Cancer Society of New Zealand. Party on!
- Whole Lotta Love – Led Zeppelin – http://t.co/CuSsKoE
- Thunderstruck – AC/DC – http://t.co/xT8mbBM
- Paranoid – Black Sabbath – http://t.co/z1Im6LH
- Baba O’Riley – The Who – http://t.co/AnigQcZ
- Run to the Hills – Iron Maiden – http://t.co/OYpcsiy
- Enter Sandman – Metallica – http://t.co/KhpzIqZ
- Gimme Shelter – The Rolling Stones – http://t.co/XQAeyM2
- Kashmir – Led Zeppelin – http://t.co/ets3mNe
- Voodoo Chile – Jimi Hendrix – http://t.co/vVXvHAp
- Holy Diver – Dio – http://t.co/DffkwvR
- House of the Rising Sun – The Animals – http://t.co/018VJzX
- Number of the Beast – Iron Maiden – http://t.co/0kIdIML
- All Day and All of the Night – The Kinks – http://t.co/Iz8Nj1B
- Back in Black – AC/DC – http://t.co/H2ULxun
- Sweet Child O’ Mine – Guns N’ Roses – http://t.co/ubzTrLN
- Iron Man – Black Sabbath – http://t.co/2vHqCJd
- Fortunate Son – Creedence Clearwater Revival – http://t.co/F01yqCu
- Johnny B Goode – Chuck Berry – http://dai.ly/b4smgr / http://t.co/rsXz44a
- Ace of Spades – Motorhead – http://t.co/PmK8BaK
- Killing In the Name – Rage Against The Machine – http://t.co/Z1ZSmyD
- Hush – Deep Purple – http://t.co/Tx0uAtn
- We Will Rock You – Queen – http://t.co/Ur9QnGS
- Free Bird – Lynyrd Skynyrd – http://t.co/W1BUUdy
- Paint it Black – The Rolling Stones – http://t.co/45MS1s7
- My Generation – The Who – http://t.co/hl4tHi8
- Smells Like Teen Spirit – Nirvana – http://t.co/es53khm
- I Was Made For Loving You – KISS – http://t.co/EIavfIE
- Sunshine of Your Love – Cream – http://t.co/bU9uKPl
- Epic – Faith No More – http://t.co/MMPrKmZ
- Another Brick In the Wall Part 2 – Pink Floyd – http://t.co/yl2Uk7K
- She Sells Sanctuary – The Cult – http://t.co/RxrM1ST
- Rebel Yell – Billy Idol – http://t.co/kAFaERX
- Black Betty – Ram Jam – http://t.co/eLZoIXq
- Seven Nation Army – The White Stripes – http://t.co/PFsk90Q
- Eye of the Tiger – Survivor – http://t.co/y7qdn2m
- Light My Fire – The Doors – http://t.co/LXMaUP6
- Born To Be Wild – Steppenwolf – http://t.co/HqoaZYg
- Whiter Shade of Pale – Procol Harum – http://t.co/nMbEp9y
- American Woman – Guess Who – http://t.co/C8f94FW
- Breakin The Law – Judas Priest – http://t.co/ZN9pGSY
So, the Golden Axes band rocked, the 3 Angry DJs rocked, the 200+ crowd rocked, the dancing, costumes & air guitars rocked, the roadies rocked & the Garden Club venue rocked. It was beautiful ♠ As well as a great party, it’s looking like the door & merchandise profits will have made over $1000 for the Cancer Society, Wellington Division! Credit due to the lot of you! Photos coming soon!
Tomorrow night is gunna Rock!
The 3 Angry DJs (B-Syde, Sister Slash & Get Fuct) are on fire and ready to shoot out all manner of awesome Rock classics tomorrow. So, while the Launch Party (7.30 – 10.30) is now sold out, there are tickets available for the main event, Rocktober – 10.30 til late ($6 online / $10 door). The Garden Club is a great rock venue, so I hope you’re ready to dress up ⚡ rock out in style!
The ‘Roctober God’ Awards
The jet black trophies have arrived and are looking superb on my mantle right now, all ready to be handed over to the 3 most worthy of you on the night – for the most KickAss Costume, the indisputable Dance Demon and the epic AirGuitar Legend. Hell (our main sponsor) are also throwing some prize goodies into the mix!
See you there!
In the spirit of Wayne’s World, Bill & Ted and Spinal Tap,
we unleash ROCKTOBER! Wellington’s Awesomest Rock Party
Dress up for rock and party on with 3 Rock DJs blasting out ACDC, Guns n Roses, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Motörhead, Aerosmith, The Cult, Deep Purple, Kiss, Judas Priest, David Bowie, and much more. Spot prizes & other random-rock-stuff will added in for a laugh. Keep an eye on this site for updates on the evening’s lineup!
When: 1 Oct 2010 – 10:30pm til Late
Tickets are on sale now! Tell everyone you’ve ever known!
- $5 (+$1 fee) online from DashTickets.co.nz
- $5 (+50c fee) from Real Groovy on Cuba St.
- $10 on the Door.
Dress Code: Dress for Rock (black t-shirt minimum!)
All Profits from tickets & merchandise go to:
Wellington Division of the Cancer Society of New Zealand
Be excellent to each other.